Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Whiskey Lullaby.

The burning sensation flowing down my throat is comforting in some sick and twisted way. I've realized it doesn't help but it keeps me company when you're not around. Eventually I notice you are there, always have been which makes me take another swig and continue staring at my bed where you should be. But you're not. I'm only living on the hope you have me for the day we come together as one. That hope helps me put down the razor and bottle. It'll be fine one day, if not I'll say hello to my silver, shiny friend. He'll be mad that I haven't picked him up in a while but he will be satisfied when the blood is shed. Until then I'll get high on the hope and keep inhaling until you leave my life for good.



"How much she blamed herself, for the years and years she tried to hide the whiskey on her breath. She finally drank her pain away a little at a time, but she never could get drunk enough to get him off her mind." Whiskey Lullaby - Brad Paisley & Allison Krause

1 comment:

Tenshi said...

A bit depressing... But oh okays.